HFD Brief History:
In the Spring of 1930, five men joined together to form a fire protection company called the Hagerman Fire Department. These men went out and purchased a used 1914 Brockway fire truck that was for sale and started their dream of establishing a fire protection agency.
Many years later in 1953 the department was moved from a small building on Donegan Avenue over to a bigger building at 1309 Montauk Highway. After a 49 year stay, it was decided that a new building was needed and was built at 510 Ralph T. Perry Drive and opened its doors in January of 2002.
Hagerman now responds out of a new "Modern" firehouse equipped with 10 bays and sits on 40 acres of property. Located on the property is several training facilities such as a live fire burn building, a confined space simulator, firefighter bailout training facility, building collapse trailer, and a vehicle fire and extrication pad. The property also has a race track for hosting competitions in the New York State Fire Department Drill Team Association and also includes a beautiful Family Park and Department Museum.