Any Pre-1921 Apparatus Motorized or Hand
1920 American LaFrance type DC-COMB 2-40 gal. tanks on a 1 ton truck
1971 Maxim Engine
Written By: EWFD
In the summer of 1889, 10 volunteers joined forces in the area of East Williston, Long Island to form the East Williston Hook & Ladder Co. Using their own funds, the 10--William Post, Jotham Post, Benjamin Griffin, Charles Sealey, Howard Hayden, Thomas Willis, William Griffin, Benjamin Titus, Eugene Willis, and Joseph Smith--purchased a fire house and horse-drawn firefighting equipment. Today their spirit and their commitment to protecting the community continues with the volunteer firefighters of the East Williston Fire Department.
The area protected was the original boundaries of East Williston (North to IU Willets Rd., East to Bacon Rd., West to Herricks Rd., and South to Mineola.)
The present Village Hall served as the fire house.